Little Corn Island truly is a genuine tropical island paradise off the beaten track, and exactly for that reason the booking and planning of its limited visitors is essential. When you reserve with us we make the commitment to hold your chosen room just for you for the dates you select, in return for your commitment to pay for the rooms that you reserve in accordance with our reservation policy. Please take the time to read this carefully BEFORE booking. By providing prepayment you are confirming that you have read, understood and will comply with our RESERVATION & CANCELLATION POLICY and IMPORTANT INFORMATION SECTION.
A 100% deposit is required to secure your reservation. Once the booking has been processed, you will receive a confirmation email of your booking. Please review the information carefully and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or require any changes. This email will also include important information about your trip and the island that we ask you to please read.
If credit card payment is not an option for you, alternatively you can pay your hotel room via bank wire transfer. Please contact us at email@example.com at the time of booking if you would like to use this payment option.
At Yemaya Island Hideaway Hotel for any additional purchases made, we accept Nicaraguan Cordoba, US Dollars and Euros plus Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
We are closely monitoring the global situation and have relaxed our cancellation policies to help give extra flexibility to our guests at this time. Up until 2 days before your arrival date:
- Full credit for your booking will be given if you decide not to travel.
- Full credit for your booking if we have to close the hotel before your arrival.
- Credit notes can be redeemed up to 3 years from the date of issue, and can be transferred to family and friends for no additional fee.
- Cancellations or changes made 2 days or less before arrival and no shows are not eligible for credits.
- After check in your full room account is non-refundable.
- Reservations made for the Holiday Season (Dec 20th and Jan 5th included) cancelled at any time will not receive a credit.
- Any changes to your reservation must be received more than 2 days prior to your arrival and confirmed via email.
- Any changes are subject to availability.
- There are no credits issued for late arrivals or early checkouts for any reason.
- For group bookings (3 or more rooms booked for the same party) cancellation with credit is only available, more than 30 days before arrival.
- As always, Travel Insurance is highly recommended
Yemaya, Island Hideaway Hotel, the ownership, or staff, of course cannot be held responsible for events that are outside of our control such as but not limited to:
- Transport delays or cancellations from airlines, boats or pangas, ferries or any type of transport.
- Bad weather, storms and hurricanes
- Government/political actions, events or situations
- Personal health issues or personal situations in general which may affect travel plans
- Any loss, theft or damage of personal items at any stage of your trip
- Any accident causing injury during any stage of you trip
As such we do not consider these factors valid reasons to invalidate or change our cancellation policies. We highly recommend that all of our guests secure quality travel insurance that will cover them for ANY event which may cause for a change of travel plans or for ANY unfortunate event.
HOTEL CHECK IN / CHECK OUT
Check-in time is 3pm and checkout time is 11am. We can store your luggage if you arrive/depart outside of these times and you are welcome to use the hotel facilities during this time.
Every room has an electronic safe. The resort is not responsible for loss of any belongings or valuables not stored in the safety box.
Yemaya only accepts guests 8 years old and over.
Pets are not permitted in the resort or restaurant.
Yemaya is predominantly a smoke free property; there are designated smoking areas within the property in outdoor areas.
Arrival to the island is via Air transport and a public or privately hired “Panga” boat. Yemaya does not have wheelchair access or facilities. Please see our getting here section.
PREGNANT WOMEN CONSIDERING TRAVELING TO YEMAYA
The decision to travel should be made in consultation with your healthcare provider. Discuss the purpose of travel, destination(s), length of the trip, planned activities, underlying medical and/or pregnancy related complications and available medical care in your destination. It is important to consider that the boat ride from Big Corn Island to Little Corn Island (Yemaya) might be bumpy or wet and sometimes even up to an hour long. The basic medical facility on Little Corn Island might not be suitable to take care of pregnancy or other health related emergencies. If you decide to travel while pregnant, please make sure that you have comprehensive travel health insurance, review your policy and the coverage it provides.
DELAYED ARRIVALS OR EARLY DEPARTURES, CHARGES AND PENALITIES
You must contact us as soon as possible if your arrival is delayed. If we do not hear from you we will only hold your room for the first night of your booking. Guests are still responsible for all costs including taxes for their reserved room for their complete stay dates.
We highly recommend that all of our guests purchase a quality and comprehensive travel insurance policy prior to travel.
If bad weather delays your arrival to Yemaya, we will, of course, try to reschedule your reservation as best we can depending on availability. If you have to reschedule your stay with us we will give you credit to use for a future booking for any unused nights lost due to bad weather. If you personally cannot travel in the next 12 months we will offer the option to transfer the credit to a friend or family member. Please note, that in these circumstances, we are unable to offer a refund.